Monday, March 8, 2010

Something for me to keep in mind...

I love how God never fails to reveal so much to me when I spend time with Him. I don't know why I often turn to other, unfulfilling things to occupy my time when God is so fulfilling.

Today I came across this verse:

"Now she who is really a widow, and left alone, trusts in God and continues in supplications and prayers night and day." 1 Tim. 5:5

At the time this scripture was written, a widow had a tough life. Widows were usually not able to support themselves and had to rely on family to support them. If they did not have family, they relied on the church. A true widow - who in my mind had a reason to whine and complain - trusted in God and prayed. If someone who was completely alone in the world could do that, how much more should I do the same no matter the situation?

No comments: