Saturday, June 30, 2012

To My Baby Boy

Dear Brogan,

Monday morning, you threw your first “real” fit…over a banana. This included rolling all over the ground, kicking your legs wildly and screaming, no shrieking, as loudly as you possibly could. You wanted the world to know you were mad. Daddy and I were shocked. You are somewhat mild-mannered and usually leave the fit throwing to your sister. I guess you had enough yesterday though. You had inhaled your banana and you were so upset that you couldn’t eat your sister’s banana, too. This is just another sign that you are part monkey. I must say, I am quite impressed your first fit was thrown on a Monday morning. If you’re going to throw a fit, that’s the time to do it. Mommy has trained you well.

You are doing great in your new class at daycare! After the first two initial weeks of adjusting – which included getting bronchitis, a sinus infection, roseola and a HUGE scrape on your head from falling (not once, but twice on the same day) – you’ve done great! You are the smallest child in this class, but probably the loudest (at least when it comes to wanting to eat). You don’t let anyone mess with you, not even your teachers if you don’t want them to. I think this is a survival skill you’ve learned as a result of having Addi as a sister. The girl loves to knock you down at random times. We told her today that if she wants to be a princess and a big girl, she must stop. We’ll see if that works.

At your one year check-up, you were in the 30th – 40th percentile for weight and 90th for height. This will be great for you as you grow older, but it makes it tough to dress you right now! Nine month pants are too short, but 12 month pants are too big in the waist and fall off you. As a result, you wear a lot of jumpers. This works well for me. I like to dress you preppy and that’s my perfect excuse. I wonder how many years I can get away with doing this?

You are a funny boy. You love to do silly stuff to make all of us laugh. If you do something that makes us smile, you do it over and over again. Your newest thing…you walk around saying, “Burp!” You think this is hilarious. Your sister does, too. You also love to say, “Quaaaaaack!” All.the.time. I guess it’s safe to say, you quack me up. (Lame joke, I know). :)

You have lots of nicknames. Your sister still calls you, “Buddy.” Your daddy and I do, too. So does everyone at your daycare (well the kids, not the teacher. Except for Lynn…she’s your teacher and your babysitter so she has special privileges). Of course, you’re also referred to as “Squeaky” by your daddy. He calls you that because sometimes when you’re excited, you squeal and it sounds like a squeak. Sometimes your whining sounds like that, too. So now, you’re “Squeaky” to daddy and Addi. That’s right, she says it all the time. :) You’re also called, “Sir,” “Brogie,” “Mr. Malogie,” and “Bro.” Sorry about the Mr. Malogie name…that’s courtesy of yours truly. I wonder what you’ll respond with when people start asking you your name.

You have a piece of my heart that is meant only for you. You are my sweet baby boy. Words cannot express what you mean to me. So I try to tell you in hugs, kisses, tickles and giggles every day. I love you so much!!!

Love, Mommy

No comments: