Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Election / November Thanks - Days 4-6

We are watching the results come in regarding who will be president for the next four years.  It is no secret that our family wants Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan to be the ones in control.  Probably won't happen, trying to keep the optimism, but I'm just not feeling it. So, moving on....

Day 4 - I am thankful for my family.  They are amazing.  I am so blessed to have them in my life.

Day 5 - I am thankful for music.  Music just makes everything feel better (if we receive the results I assume we'll receive tonight, I will be listening to A LOT of music tomorrow). ;)  Addi and Brogan love music as much as Jared and I do.  Right now, my absolute favorite thing is to hear Brogan sing, "Haway-wewa!  Haway-wewa!  Oh, Lord we praise your name.  All the goppy (glory), all the onnor (honor)..."  So, cute!!! I love it! Oh, and I love to hear Addi sing her prayer before we eat.  She does it with such passion and reverence (usually).  Sometimes she claps and yells the prayer...that's not so reverent.  We're working on that. :)

Day 6 - The right to vote.  Our family voted bright and early this morning (6:45 am).  We all went together.  While we were in line, Addi asked us if Romney was in the building.  Haha.  She took a piece of paper and a pen when I voted and sat down right beside me and wrote her vote.  She told the man taking the ballots that she voted.  He gave her an "I voted" sticker.  She was so proud!  She told us that she had fun voting! Brogan was tired and quiet the entire time, but he seemed to enjoy himself, too. :)  Regardless of what happens, I know that God is in control regardless and am SO thankful for that.  Reality is, His will is going to be done.

No comments: