Monday, February 16, 2009

A Lesson from a 2-year-old

One of our pastor's grandsons was in the class I was helping with last night. The service was drawing to a close, so we turned on the TV in order to keep track of time and let the children hear the music. I couldn't help but notice the little boy watching his grandpa speak while the music played...yet never saying a word. He was obviously very intent on seeing someone else. Suddenly, the camera spanned to the choir and he saw the person he was looking for. As his eyes lit up, he yelled, "My daddy's singing! There's my daddy!" He was so interested in seeing his dad...nothing, including his grandpa, could distract him. I want to be that way with my Heavenly Father...so intent on hearing and seeing him that I don't let anything - not even the most appealing things - distract me.

**On a side note, life is great! I started helping in the preschool area last night at church! 18 2-year-olds and only 2 adults...eek! But it was a lot of fun, and went surprisingly smooth. The adults I met are wonderful and the children are adorable!

Nascar is now back in full gear, so Jared is keeping super busy. He works so hard and is so amazing. I thought it was so sweet yesterday. We are taking a membership class at church and while I was standing in line in the ladies bathroom (why is there NEVER a line in the men's bathrooms?), he went to the class to grab our seats. Not only did he get our seats, he also signed me in, picked up the worksheet I needed and wrote out my nametag. It completely touched me...he's such a caring man! It meant more to me than the money he spent on Valentine's Day...(though I am enjoying those presents, too!) :)

We hope all of you are doing well! Please keep Maria in your prayers. She is a fomer co-worker who is in her 20's and has been diagnosed with Hodgkin's Lymphoma. She has recently started chemo and will be having treatments off and on for 6 months. Thanks, in advance, for the prayers for her!

Have a great week! :)

No comments: