Saturday, March 23, 2013

Polka Dotted Day

This morning I took the kiddos to an Easter event.  On the way, I was a bit bummed because it was cold and rainy and I wanted it to be a sunny Spring day.  Addi put it all into perspective.  She had commented that it was raining, but suddenly she saw the rain in a different light.  She looked at our car windows and exclaimed, "Mommy, there are polka dots on our windows!"  She was so excited...the girl LOVES polka dots.  It was so sweet and at that moment I prayed that she would always be able to see the "polka dots" in the midst of any storms that may come her way.  

Thank you, Addi for an innocent, but beautiful reminder to look for the beauty in all situations.  You are certainly one of my brightest "polka dots" and mommy loves you so much!!  

In other news...

Addi and Brogan got to pet real lambs today...they were in heaven.  Both of them loved it!! :)

Brogan finally has a new favorite song.  For months, it has been "My God is Awesome."  All members of the family loved that song, but I must admit that after hearing it probably well over 100 times, we all got a little tired of it and would sort-of groan when he would ask for that song. So, his new favorite song is "10,000 Reasons."  He made a good choice. :)

The relationship between Addi and Brogan is growing even more.  They really and truly are becoming the best of friends.  Hearing them laugh together is amazing. I know I've said that before, but I just had to say it again. :)

I took about an hour to relax tonight after the kids went to bed...like bubble bath, good book and pampering myself relax.  It was wonderful and I truly feel like a new woman.  Random, I know, but just a friendly reminder to all of you to make sure you take a little time to yourself every now and then.

We are in the midst of March Madness.  I don't really care about it, but Jared does.  His watching the game is the reason I found no guilt in taking a bubble bath instead of spending time with him tonight. So it was a win-win for both of us.  Technically, it wasn't since the team he had chosen to win, lost.

I guess that is enough random musings for now.  Enjoy your week!  May it be filled with lots of polka dots! :)


No comments: