Monday, March 18, 2013

Some Prayer Requests


I have so much on my mind to post.  Many lessons that I have been taught recently...funny kids the things do,...etc.  I start to write a post and words just sort of fail me.  So, for now, this is what is on my mind.

Addi's party this weekend was a huge success!  She loved the bike Jared and I got her, but she fell and skinned her knee that night.  We felt terrible.  We thought she wouldn't want to ride it again for quite some time and would need coaxing the next time we wanted to get on it.  This morning she woke up, put on her helmet and said, "Can I have my bike, please?"  Music to my ears and the sweet girl rode/sat on it in the living room while we got ready for church.

We took the kids to their first concert tonight...Third Day.  Ten days before we started dating officially in 2003, Jared and I went to their concert together.  It was fitting that Third Day was their first concert.  Addi LOVED it.  She got tired, then got a second wind and pretty much rocked out the entire time. :)  Brogan enjoyed it, but was tired.  He fell asleep in his daddy's arms early on.

Please pray for Addi.  She is having a rough time being three.  I think it's just a growing phase...she's gaining a little more independence, she is growing and her brain is developing even more.  She is usually an excellent sleeper (unlike our little guy) and lately has been waking up throughout the night crying.  Pretty sure last night she had a night terror...it took her a while to wake up enough to even realize that we were with her.  She is sassing a bit more, refusing to nap, etc.  She is really a great child, one of the best there has ever been. She is just struggling a little bit right now.  It hurts my heart to see her this way though...especially not sleeping.  I don't know what to do for her.  I keep praying for guidance and patience.  Seems like I have been praying  A LOT for those things recently.  I am weary and worried.  I HATE not knowing what to do to make everything completely better in my children's lives. Good news...she is listening very well when it comes to her behavior in public.  This makes me so happy!  She is also SO lovable.  She loves for me to hold her and sit with her, etc. She is a delight...a pure joy, but sweet pea has a double dose of stubborn and just like her mama, desires to do things her own way all.the.time.

Please also pray for Brogan.  He has been sick so much recently.  It seems like when he gets sick, he stays sick for quite awhile.  Croup, then sinus infection, then pneumonia and now his teeth are super sensitive...he is getting four in at once.  I just want him to feel great.  Again, just bothers me, some.

Also, please pray that I can find a mentor.  I need one.  Parenting is so tough.  Much tougher than I thought. NOT because my children are horrible (because they are not), it just comes with so many more emotions than I ever imagined.  I feel like I am failing way too often.  I know I'm a good mom on most days, but I want to be a GREAT mom every day.  I put too much pressure on myself.  Most nights I go to bed feeling like I a failure.  Jared says I'm crazy and my kids sure do love their mommy, but still, I feel lost. I question so much of what I do.  I feel so unworthy and unqualified.  It keeps me on my knees, which is great, but a little guidance and encouragement from a Christian woman would be wonderful.  Thankfully, my mom is a great role model, but I need to talk to someone sometimes who didn't raise me...someone who isn't so closely involved in my children's lives.  I've already decided that one day I am going to mentor a mom with young children.  I NEVER realized the need until I experienced it...it's vital.  If you're a mom with small kiddos, get a mentor.  If you're a mom who has raised your children, be a mentor - maybe even my mentor? ;)

Anyway, prayers appreciated!

No comments: