Thursday, April 3, 2008

Thoughts

Thought 1.) Saturday my family and I were in the back yard of my apartment. I glanced up (or maybe someone else noticed it first...can't really remember) and saw a nest perched right on the bottom of the deck of the apartment upstairs...which is right outside our back door. I freaked out thinking for sure a wasp - or something worse - had built a nest. All I wanted to do was have Bill get rid of it. It only took a couple glances from Bill for him to realize that it was a bird's nest. Suddenly, the nest turned into a gem from God. Every day when I wake up, when I get home from work, and before I go to bed, I check on the nest. Several times I've watched the nest's owner proudly sit on her eggs...and I love it; it brings me so much joy and once again leaves me in awe of one of God's creations. So, the next time you are faced with something that looks scary, step back and take a second look....it may actually be a blessing from God.

Thought 2.) When I flew out of Ohio Friday, the weather was terrible. The sky had pretty much been cloudy and dreary almost the whole time I was there. No more than ten minutes after the plane took off, we were above the clouds and the sky was blue and sunny. Whenever you feel like you are in a storm (i.e. a huge trial) and the clouds are practically smothering you, just remember that above those clouds is a warm, friendly, blue sky.

Thought 3.) There is a 4-year-old named Coleman who has cancer (and it's pretty severe). At some of his weakest, most vulnerable moments his parents asked for two things: 1. For people to pray hard for Coleman and 2. for people to do random acts of kindness for other's in honor of Coleman. Think of Coleman, do a random act of kindness (or two) and smile knowing that there are parents in this world who have every reason to be upset with life and instead are thinking of others.

Thought 4.) My supervisor moved to Charlotte last week while his wife stayed in Ohio until May. Every morning at work, he calls her and speaks with her briefly. He has been married for over 25 years and speaks to her so lovingly...and giggles with her like they're teenagers. I hope Jared and I are like that when we have been married that long. For some reason, I think we will be. :)

Thought 5.) Animal Foundation commercials irritate me. Why are people trying so hard to get people to donate to animals when there are people trying to figure out how to provide dinner for their family? I love animals, but I love people more. The next time I see an animal foundation commercial, I think I'm going to make a note to buy some food for the local food bank.

Thought 6.) I'm vain. I'm afraid of getting wrinkles. Actually, I'm terrified of them. I study my face for a few minutes each day to see if wrinkles are developing. I've already researched botox injections just in case I feel I need to get them at some point. How can someone who cares about the well-being of others so much be so vain? Maybe the next time I study my face, I'll just smile and make a note to buy some food for the local food bank.

Thought 7.) My wonderful husband is sitting beside me. I always say I never have enough time with him. I think it's time to get off of here and spend time with him.

Goodnight and God Bless.

No comments: