Thursday, March 19, 2009

A Hurting World

I was thinking today about how many people in the world are hurting...we all have something we're dealing with or are feeling burdened about. I truly hope that as I seek the Lord, He will show me ways to help people around me who are hurting. I don't want to miss an opportunity to mutter a prayer between God and myself for the person in her car crying, the stressed cashier, a lonely friend, or a hurting soul. It's not comforting to know that there are people who are hurting more than me...and I know there are so many who are. I LONG to help however God will use me. And, ultimately, if I can help one person by walking this road (even if it's not someone going through the same thing I'm dealing with), if I can learn more about God's amazing characteristics (and I am!), if I can recognize the beauty in the "small" blessings (and I do!), and if I can allow God to shape me into someone who is more like Him (which He will if I allow it!), then I shouldn't wish this pain away.

I came across this quote last week and I love it:

"Faith in something greater than ourselves enables us to do what we have said we'll do, to press forward when we are tired or hurt or afraid, to keep going when the challenge seems overwhelming and the course is entirely uncertain." - Gordon B. Hinckley

That statement is so fitting for what Jared and I are facing right now. Though it hurts, we're going through it together and with God (who is giving us an abundance of strength), and for that we are truly blessed. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.